Latest News from the Northern Film School
Leeds Beckett lecturer hosts free showing of Oscar-nominated film
Philip Robertson, Senior Lecturer in Cinematography at Leeds Beckett University’s Northern Film School, and Director of Photography for Shok, is set to host a free screening of the Oscar-nominated film.
Leeds Beckett filmmakers scoop prestigious television awards
A host of Leeds Beckett University staff and alumni are celebrating after winning two gongs at the 2016 annual Royal Television Society (RTS) Yorkshire awards.
From a leap of faith to lift off - Arts, Environment and Technology students end year on a high
Our Faculty of Arts, Environment and Technology (AET) students have ended their year on a high by showcasing their talent at several degree shows.
The Northern Film School is one of the best known film and television schools in the UK, making innovative and award winning films for over 25 years. Storytelling, technical expertise and creativity, all taught by professionals, make our graduates the filmmakers of the future.
The School prides itself on:
- Practical filmmaking, with real production budgets
- Teaching staff with international film and TV credits.
- Industry partnerships, placements and collaborations.
- Specialised teaching in Producing, Directing, Screenwriting, Production Design, Cinematography, Sound, Editing and Animation.
- State of the art camera and lighting, sound, editing and post equipment.
- Industry standard studios, post-production suites, and production offices.
- Courses informed by film theory and criticism.
With its roots originating in the late 1970s in the Leeds Polytechnic Film Unit, the Northern School of Film and Television came into being in January 1990. Eventually simplifying its name to the Northern Film School and residing within the School of Film, Music and Performing Arts at Leeds Beckett University, the Northern Film School offers filmmaking awards at BA (Hons), MA and PhD levels, attracting students from around the world.