Latest News from the Northern Film School
Prize winners in Arts, Environment & Technology celebrate
The achievements of outstanding students in the Faculty of Arts, Environment & Technology have been celebrated as 62 prizes were awarded during our Graduation ceremonies.
School set to welcome new staff this summer
Four new members of academic staff are set to join our School of Film, Music & Performing Arts this summer.
Leeds Film Festival to celebrate ageing
A film festival which will celebrate ageing is set to take place in Leeds on Friday 17 and Saturday 18 July.
The Northern Film School is one of the best known film and television schools in the UK, making innovative and award winning films for over 25 years. Storytelling, technical expertise and creativity, all taught by professionals, make our graduates the filmmakers of the future.
The School prides itself on:
- Practical filmmaking, with real production budgets
- Teaching staff with international film and TV credits.
- Industry partnerships, placements and collaborations.
- Specialised teaching in Producing, Directing, Screenwriting, Production Design, Cinematography, Sound, Editing and Animation.
- State of the art camera and lighting, sound, editing and post equipment.
- Industry standard studios, post-production suites, and production offices.
- Courses informed by film theory and criticism.
With its roots originating in the late 1970s in the Leeds Polytechnic Film Unit, the Northern School of Film and Television came into being in January 1990. Eventually simplifying its name to the Northern Film School and residing within the School of Film, Music and Performing Arts at Leeds Beckett University, the Northern Film School offers filmmaking awards at BA (Hons), MA and PhD levels, attracting students from around the world.