Latest News from the Northern Film School
The force is strong for Leeds Beckett graduate
A graduate of the Northern Film School at our University is celebrating her first film credit for the 2015 blockbuster, Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
Leeds Beckett staff and students to showcase work at Leeds International Film Festival
Staff and students from our University are to showcase their work in a series of events at this year’s Leeds International Film Festival (LIFF).
Over 65s filmmaking course launched at Leeds Beckett
The Northern Film School at Leeds Beckett University is once again recruiting a team of over-65s in Yorkshire to take part in a filmmaking project starting in January 2016.
The Northern Film School is one of the best known film and television schools in the UK, making innovative and award winning films for over 25 years. Storytelling, technical expertise and creativity, all taught by professionals, make our graduates the filmmakers of the future.
The School prides itself on:
- Practical filmmaking, with real production budgets
- Teaching staff with international film and TV credits.
- Industry partnerships, placements and collaborations.
- Specialised teaching in Producing, Directing, Screenwriting, Production Design, Cinematography, Sound, Editing and Animation.
- State of the art camera and lighting, sound, editing and post equipment.
- Industry standard studios, post-production suites, and production offices.
- Courses informed by film theory and criticism.
With its roots originating in the late 1970s in the Leeds Polytechnic Film Unit, the Northern School of Film and Television came into being in January 1990. Eventually simplifying its name to the Northern Film School and residing within the School of Film, Music and Performing Arts at Leeds Beckett University, the Northern Film School offers filmmaking awards at BA (Hons), MA and PhD levels, attracting students from around the world.