Latest News from the Northern Film School
BBC to broadcast documentaries edited by Northern Film School academic
Martin Harris, Editing and Documentary tutor at the Northern Film School, has completed editing two documentaries produced by Leeds-based company, 3di-tv, for BBC Four, as part of the forthcoming 'India's Frontier Railways' series.
Over-60s find their voice with film project
A series of films created by teams of over-60s with the support of the Northern Film School at Leeds Beckett University is set for its premiere at the Bradford International City of Film Summit on Thursday 5 March.
The Imitation Game costume designer set to show Leeds how to dress for BAFTA success
The BAFTA-nominated costume designer on films including The Imitation Game, Kick-Ass and Ex-Machina will head to Leeds later this month as she delivers a public masterclass at Leeds Beckett University.
The Northern Film School is one of the best known film and television schools in the UK, making innovative and award winning films for over 25 years. Storytelling, technical expertise and creativity, all taught by professionals, make our graduates the filmmakers of the future.
The School prides itself on:
- Practical filmmaking, with real production budgets
- Teaching staff with international film and TV credits.
- Industry partnerships, placements and collaborations.
- Specialised teaching in Producing, Directing, Screenwriting, Production Design, Cinematography, Sound, Editing and Animation.
- State of the art camera and lighting, sound, editing and post equipment.
- Industry standard studios, post-production suites, and production offices.
- Courses informed by film theory and criticism.
With its roots originating in the late 1970s in the Leeds Polytechnic Film Unit, the Northern School of Film and Television came into being in January 1990. Eventually simplifying its name to the Northern Film School and residing within the School of Film, Music and Performing Arts at Leeds Beckett University, the Northern Film School offers filmmaking awards at BA (Hons), MA and PhD levels, attracting students from around the world.